(a) Present Research Activities from 1999- onwards
(b) Research work undertaken during 1984-1999
- Fabrication and characterization of metamaterials and structures with tunable negative refractive index. Development of Theory and Experiments on Characterization of Photonic Crystal Fibers. Estimation of Spectral response of Splice Loss and Bend Loss in Photonic Crystal Fibers (PCF). Analysis and simulation of propagation characteristics of PCF and Photonic Crystal Waveguides. Development of experimental techniques to characterize PCF from far field measurements.
Numerical Simulation and Analysis for estimation of Photonic Band gap in Photonic Crystal and their application in realizing functional devices like ultra-compact photonic crystal couplers, polarizer, multiplexures and switches, Optical Logic Gates, Slow Light generation & formation of Solitons at low power, Negative refraction in Photonic Crystal, Photonic Bandgap structures for design and development of ultra small scale optical devices, Nonlinear Photonic Crystal Fibers and Metamaterials - Nano-Photonics.
- Development of new concept “Plasmonic Band Gap Engineering” and its application in design of Plasmonic Waveguides and Devices, Plasmonic Sensors, Terra Hertz Propagation in Plasmonic Structure and Fano Resonance, Design of Plasmonic sensor for classification of cancer cells- Plasmonics.
- Development of coupled mode theory for Electron Waveguide and their application in the design of high speed Quantum Size Devices (Electron Waveguide Couplers, Switches and Filters) based on electron wave propagation in multiple quantum well semiconductors at Nano-scale, Field Emission characteristics of Carbon Nano Tube - Nano electronics
- Multiple Access techniques in Optical Fiber Communication systems- Development of 3-D Optical Code sequences. Optical CDMA and Optical Turbo Codes and their performance evaluation in terms of SNR, BER and ISI in multiple Communication system- Optical Fiber Communication Systems & Networks.
- Design and Development of Optical Sensors for measurement of high DC voltage and current. Design and packaging of ITU grade Opto- Transceiver: Sensor
- Development of new methods/techniques (Theory & Experiment) for characterization of Integrated Optical Waveguides and Polarization Maintaining Optical Fibers from Far Field measurements.
- Development of analytical techniques and analysis of 4x4 optical fiber/waveguide couplers and their application in PSK homodyne receiver.
- Basic studies on waveguiding action in Semiconductor Laser with Quantum Well Structure and estimation of lifetime of carriers in such structures.
- Dispersion compensation using differential time delay technique incorporating the effect of higher orders terms in propagation constant of modes in optical fiber/waveguides.
- Development of a scheme for bit delay correction for WDM based Optical Communication System.