Industrial Consultancy & Experience/Technology Transferred
- Worked as a consultant (as a member of consulting team of Electronics Engg. Deptt.) for fabrication of Wavelength Flattened Optical fiber coupler with Kyocera Inc. – Kobe University, JAPAN.
- Associated with Himachal Futuristic Communication Limited (HFCL) towards manpower development and R & D work in the area of Aerial Optical fiber Communication, during 1994-1998.
- Initiated Institute (DCE) & Industry (Aksh optifiber Ltd., HFCL, Sterlite Optical Technologies Ltd. & Reliance Infocom Ltd) towards creation of Centre of Excellence in the area of Fiber optics under Technology Vision 2020 (MISSION REACH), Govt. of India. Presently consultant of Information Technology Innovation Center, Reliance Infocomm Ltd for the design of SFP Compliant Opto Transceiver and Technology Development for Fabrication of Photonic Crystal Fibers from Sterlite Optical Technologies Ltd. Host of other industries like Bench Mark Electronics Ltd, MTNL, BSNL, Trinity Microsystems Lt, Falcon Ltd. and M/S Fibronics India are made associated with this center generating financial, technical and service support.
- Developed of Educational Kits for (i) measurement of numerical aperture of optical fiber experiment in association with Optochem International (ii) Measurement of Speed of light using Optical fiber in association with Trinity Microsystems Ltd. and (iii) currently working on the development of WDM based Optical Communication Systems and general experiments on Optical fiber communication system in association with group of instrument manufacturing organization.(iv) Consultancy for making manuals for characterization of telecom grade optical fibers from far field measurements from Benchmark Electronics Pvt. Limited, Chennai during 2011-2012.
- Played key role as Director of CSIO Chandigarh and CEERI Pilani, in Transfer of over a dozen technologies to Indian Industry in the areas of Biomedical Engineering, Energy and Health/Food products